Closure devices for all ages and most PDA shapes and sizes.
Designed for flexibility, our innovative duct occluder options conform to a variety of ducts while achieving complete patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) closure from a pulmonary or aortic approach.
Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)
Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) happens when the ductus arteriosus, the arterial shunt in fetal life, fails to close after birth. The ductus arteriosus typically closes shortly after birth, creating the flow of blood directly from the heart to the lungs. If the ductus arteriosus doesn’t close, it creates a reverse blood flow from the aorta into the pulmonary artery and is then recirculated through the lungs. A medium to large PDA may require closure to avoid serious complications.
Amplatzer Piccolo™ Occluder
The Amplatzer Piccolo™ Occluder, which delivers proven PDA closure for patients 700g and up, provides the strength to occlude small ducts while minimizing protusion into surrounding pulmonary artery and descending aorta.
- Self-expanding device designed for closure of a patent ductus arteriosus
- Low-profile retention discs and end screw engineered to minimizes protrusion into the aorta and pulmonary artery
- Symmetrical design offers procedural flexibility to choose an aortic or pulmonary artery deployment approach
- Device can be easily recaptured and redeployed for optimal placement
- Tightly woven, single-layer mesh design to minimize residual shunt after placement
- Flexible delivery cable optimizes deployment and allows for representative preview of device orientation prior to release
Amplatzer Duct Occluder II
Specially designed to treat PDA, one of the most common of all congenital heart anomalies, the Amplatzer Duct Occluder II conforms to a variety of ducts while achieving complete closure from a pulmonary or aortic approach.2
- Compliant, multilayered mesh and dual articulating discs provide high conformability to treat most classifications of PDA
- Symmetric design offers procedural flexibility to choose an aortic or pulmonary artery deployment approach
- Six planes of occlusion create full cross-sectional coverage designed for rapid, complete closure
- Fabric-free technology allows for delivery through a low-profile catheter while maintaining a high rate of occlusion
- Ductus diameter: 2.5-5.5 mm
- Ductus length: 5.0-12.0 mm
Amplatzer™ Duct Occluder
Designed with the ability to be easily recaptured and redeployed for optimal placement, the Amplatzer Duct Occluder is a self-expanding device designed for closure of a PDA.
- Self-expanding device designed for closure of a PDA
- Retention skirt built to provide secure positioning within the ductus and reduce embolization
- Nitinol and interwoven polyester remote occlusion and tissue in-growth
- 98.4% closure at 6 months1
- St. Jude Medical. (2014, November). AMPLATZER™ Duct Occluder and Delivery System Instructions for Use.
- Gruenstein, Daniel H., et al. “Transcatheter closure of patent ductus arteriosus using the AMPLATZER™ duct occluder II (ADO II).” Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions 89.6 (2017): 1118-1128.