Closes early pdas. Fills loving hearts.
AMPLATZER PICCOLO™ OCCLUDER
As the only patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) closure solution indicated for patients ≥700g + ≥3 days old and proven to deliver safe and effective closure, Amplatzer Piccolo™ Occluder offers new opportunities to confidently care for a wider range of patients than ever before, including neonates and infants.
A new level of versatility and proven safety for the youngest infants and up.
A recent study demonstrated safety and effectiveness using the Amplatzer Piccolo Occluder for PDA closure.
Study highlights: 50 patients (≤ 2kg = 18, > 2kg = 32)
How it works
Patent ductus arteriosus closure with the Amplatzer Piccolo Occluder.
Advancing a proven platform for predictable results.
Reliability by design
- Tightly Woven Single-layer Mesh—Designed to minimize residual shunt immediately after placement
- Engineered for Structure and Strength—Occludes ducts while minimizing into surrounding vasculature
- Intaglio Wire Treatment—Designed to reduce nickel leaching
Smooth delivery in even the most challenging morphologies
- Extremely Low-Profile Delivery—4 F catheter facilitates delivery in small vasculatures
- Procedural Flexibility—Symmetrical design offers procedural flexibility to choose an anterograde (venous) or retrograde (arterial) approach. For infants ≤ 2kg, a venous approach is recommended
- Predictable Placement—Disc size and shape designed for predictable positioning in the duct